Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Orange Almond Baby Cups

10 April 09



Photobucket


There are too many baked goods lying around in the kitchen for my own good.


I have to admit these baby cakes, as I like to call them, turned out rather a little last-minute and bad for sweetie's 22nd birthday present. It did not seem to help how I woke up early to grab some OJ and heat up the oven, but still, ended up with some weird little butter-pots instead. They were right, better stick to the recipe next time!


Photobucket


Till now, I have no idea what was wrong with me to reduce the amount of flour, which caused the presence of butter to be too overpowering to make them presentable for sweetie. I felt like I was biting into softened butter mixed with orange bits.


Photobucket


Photobucket



I kept these although I was real bummed meeting sweetie empty-handed that afternoon. A few hours later, the butter sort of settled and they were more or less easier to stomach although I have to say these are real sinful than the usual butter cakes. They were really fragrant actually. The almonds add a nice crunch to the tartness of the citrus fruit while the chocolate chips went perfectly when they go all gooey.


I am going to try these again pretty soon.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment